Wednesday, February 28, 2007

You know what? I think I probably would !

I am 33 years old and have seen a fair amount of stuff in my time on this planet.

Don't get me wrong, I haven't seen murders and stuff, but I think I've lived my life and experienced a fair amount.

What I'm trying to say is that nothing really surprises me anymore.

Stuff happens in this world, and I just think "Same old Shit, different day".

That came to an end last night while watching TV.

I happened to turn over to BBC1 at about 11pm.

What I saw, quite simply astonished me.

The TV programme was One Life and this particular episode of the series focussed on Old age Pensioner Bodybuilders.

I don't normally like looking at these people coz well, it sort of repulses me (Maybe coz I'm a 7 stone weakling Sinitta).

However, and it is a very big however, one of the people who they interviewed was 86 year old Marjorie Newlin.

She's amazing.

And you know what, despite not normally being attracted to Afro-Carribeans (hope that's P.C.), I probably would.

Prepare to be amazed.

13 Comments:

At 5:02 AM, Blogger carmilevy said...

Although the optics of geriatric 'roid pushers can be a little off-putting at first, I admire the dedication these people have, and hope that I'm as healthy at their age.

Definitely an inspiration to the rest of us to lead a better - and longer - life.

Thanks for sharing this. I need to find the video now!

 
At 5:23 AM, Blogger Bunny said...

You're welcome carmi. Howz things?
Had anything else published recently?

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger chrysalis said...

Wow. I'm creeped out and impressed at the same time.

Hi from Michele's.

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Bobkat said...

I hope I'm that healthy adn fit as a pensioner!

My says that basically you need to use it or lose it!

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Bobkat said...

Oops! Michele sent me!

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Olyal said...

She is so not 86!!! How creepy!!! That takes being healthy over the top I reckon!
Michele sent me.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog (although now I am slightly embarrassed about my pictures)
I agree with chrysalis, it's impressive to be that strong at that age (or any age) but slightly wrong at the same time.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger utenzi said...

*cringe* I don't know about having those kinda thoughts about women in their 80s! That just freaks me out, Grant. I do admire her ability to keep working out at that age.

Who knows--maybe you'll be surprised again soon. The world keeps tossing stuff at us!

Michele sent me, Grant.

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

Wow! I hope I will be doing that when I get to be that age.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Pat said...

Never underestimate us old'uns! Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the visit.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Jay said...

While that is remarkable - I can't help but be somewhat repulsed by body building.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Gordon said...

Afro-carrib is PC, but I'm not one of those PC guys :P It is amazing what tosh the BBC will put on these days though, and like most I think I'm both amazed and repulsed by the thought of that.
What ever next Miss OAP Universe

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

So good......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home