Monday, February 05, 2007

Italian Shower

On Saturday morning, I was surprised to find £12 back in my Betfair account.

It seemed a little odd, so I checked my account to find that 6 of my £2 bets on Serie A (Italian Premiership) had been cancelled.

Of course, my next stop was sportinglife.com to see what the hell was going on.

To my surprise/horror I read that the Italian authorities had decided to ban all football until further notice due to riots that had occurred in Friday nights Sicilian Derby between Catania and Palermo. Apparently, a policeman had died after he was hit by some sort of firework.

Firstly, I'd like to offer my sincere sympathy to the policemans family.

Ok, now that's out of the way, I've got some questions / observations.

1. Hold the phone...
Violence in Sicily (stop)
Dead policeman (stop)
Total over reaction from Italians (stop)
Ma ma mia (stop).

2. Hold the phone....
Italian authorities have used English Football as a success story (stop)
No more violence in English Soccer (stop)
English fans applaud team as they get relegated (stop)
Jolly bad luck old boy (stop)

And that's all I have to say on the matter.

3 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Blogger Kate said...

My apologies for using your blog to contact you - but I tried your email and I cannot seem to get through on it.

I not only got it (BSc Geology), but followed it with
a Masters in Geochemistry.

I thought you should know as you were one of the
people, apart from myself, that I did it for.

If you have any happy memories of the summers of
1990-93 at Hawkesmore, let me know! I wont ever forget
that weird ??whizzball?? game you used to play when
you were banished to the shed. And the late night
drives to Hamburgerology.

Everything seems well and happy in your life from your
blog. I am delighted to hear this, and hope life
brings you as much joy as you bring to it.

I'm happy living in Birmingham working for an
environmental consultancy. Am currently on site in
Ireland. And thought I'd shelter in
an internet cafe instead of getting hounded sitting
alone in a pub, beating off the local middle-aged
single men with sticks.

Kate (the one waitress that didn't fancy you, remember!)

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Bunny said...

Amazing to hear from you Kate.
So glad that you're happy. How the fuck did you find my blog? Doesn't matter coz i'm glad you did. My e-mail is grant_jones1@ekit.com
Take it easy.

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger carmilevy said...

Damn, what a cool connection! Blogs are magical things, aren't they?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home