Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Dancing Dude not Dancing Queen

I missed the football last night.

Liverpool 3 : 6 Arsenal

Are you fucking kidding me?

I missed the football because some guy, who me and Super Lisa met down the pub just before Xmas, dragged us to dance classes.

Yes, that's right, DANCE CLASSES.

For a while now (about 5 years to be precise) S.L. has been trying to get me to dance classes so that we can learn the Tango or "Romantic Dancing" as she calls it.

Being a total Sport loving Hetero, I have always resisted this sort of pastime coz lets face it, it's just Gay.

So, anyway. Last night me, S.L. and N.K.O.T.B. went to our 1st class.

8:00 - 8:30 David Bowies (Absolute Beginners, Ha Ha)

8:30 - 9:00 Freestyle (Dance with whoever you like, but not the girl with the sweaty palms or the Freak of nature girl who scouls at you when you do it wrong).

9:00 - 9:30 Intermediate Classes for Non Bowies and Extra Jones classes for Bowies in the small back room with a small young guy who is quite a nervous type.

9:30 - 10:00 Freestyle

10:00 - 10:30 Fuck that, i'm off down the pub to drink beer, play pool and be a man.

To be perfectly fair, it wasn't nearly as bad as I'd imagined, although it helps when you pick it up
quickly like I did (No really, I was actually quite good).

In short, this dude can dance like Al Pacino in Scent of a Woman (Yes, I know he was blind but he could Tango better than anyone I've ever seen).

As for the question, will I go back again?

No way, it's Champions League on Tuesdays.

8 Comments:

At 12:40 AM, Blogger X said...

I'm at Durham, Grant. For the first two years of the course at least. Then I move to Newcastle for the latter three.

---X

 
At 1:47 AM, Blogger Bunny said...

Very nice X. Studying medicine at a Red brick uni is massive.
When you move to Newcastle in a couple of years you might wanna check out the middle class haven that is Jesmond. Don't know and don't care what your class is but I've heard it's a nice place to live.
Enjoy the big market

 
At 2:47 AM, Blogger Catherine said...

I'm not into dancing much, but i'm definitely not into chasing a ball round a field. The only sport I ever do is orienteering (because reading the map helps me forget I'm exercising).
Michele sent me

 
At 3:22 AM, Blogger Bunny said...

Wow, orienteering. You must be fit as.
Me, i like the finer things in life, couch , wine , TV.
Gonna start roller blading to work soon though. That'll be my exercise

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger Bobkat said...

At least you gave it a go. There's no way you'd catch me going though!

Thanks for visiting my blog. Museums are great but I like to mix it up a little and the beauty of NYC is that you can!

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger Bobkat said...

BTW - mmmmm noodle soup... line from Friends when Joey was auditioning for a soup ad!

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

LOL Im sure super Lisa appreciated it ;)

Here via Michele ;)

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

I'd rather be dancing with a girl in my arms personally.

Michele sent me here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home