Thursday, January 18, 2007

Undignified at best

As you know, I work for an Insurance company near Brighton.

Well recently, our company moved to Brighton itself and as a result I no longer need my car (Vagelis).

He's an old war horse who never gives me any trouble and costs just a few hundred quid in MOT's and Services each year.

That's what you get for driving a Volvo people.

So anyway, back to the main point of this entry.

Because I live in Hove, I have decided that I'm gonna roller blade into work each day.

Me and Super Lisa got the blades last Xmas and have used them only a few times on Brighton Prom mainly coz, well we're both shite at it.

Apparently (according to my skater boy friend Mark. Careful!) I haven't sorted out my core stability yet.

It took me about 40 mins to skate to work on Monday (walking would take 45 mins), during which time I nearly fell over 4 times and got laughed at by a load of workmen (In fairness, if I was them, I think I'd have been a little more cutting than they were).

On the way home, I began to feel the roller rhythm (yes, that is how you spell rhythm).

I was, quite frankly, flying down the prom on me skates feeling kinda good about myself when the inevitable happened.

A raised paving slab was my nemesis and boy wonder crashed headlong/ face first under a truck.

So, there we have it. I died on 15/1/07.

My tombstone will read , coz I'm gonna have a tomb.
"It seemed like a good idea at the time"

Sorry Donal, I died first and now it'll just look like you stole my line". Ha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home