Monday, March 28, 2005

Cold Baked Beans

Went to my mate Billy Bowketts wedding at the weekend.
If you remember from a previous post, this was one of my friends at Crewe and Alsager College. I hadn't seen or heard from him for about 11 years when out of the blue he said he was getting married and did I want to go.
Of course I did , so me and Super Lisa booked ourselves a B and B and went along to some golf course in Sutton Coldfield.
We met two other old friends from the C and A era. Graham Gozzy Gosden from the Island (I.O.W) and Lisa Binks (Scouse gal).
As you can imagine we talked about ole times for a while. At one point I asked Binksy to describe me in three words.
Binksys reply left me with my jaw wide wide open.
"Tart , Loud , Obnoxious" she said.

When she saw my face she changed it and said "cold baked beans".

In hindsight I preferred the former description.

Anyway, we drank loads and danced to some great old tunes. You know, early 80's and Indie.

Suffice to say , me and Lisa had a great night. Lisa enjoyed meeting the infamous Matt and Graham and Lisa. It all felt a bit weird but it was nice to meet Binksys Simon , Gozzys Loretta (Hope I spelt that right) and Matts Leanne.

And at the end of the night , I was first the worst, Graham was second the best and matt did actually have a hairy chest.

Chest...... Chest

Hope to see you all again soon.

1 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Blogger Dom said...

Is it some rule that everyone knows somebody called Gozzy? My mate Gozzy is the leg-end boi, plays football constantly yet isn't any good, best moment - watching him trip over the ball after getting to an open goal to score the winning goal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home