Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Hawkesy and Me ( Chez Shed )

The Hawkesy was only open from late April until early October each year. It wasn't worth opening for longer coz there were no Grockles.
It had about 10 bedrooms and so was a very small hotel. This was fine in close season because us kids (Me, Philippa , Hugh , Elizabeth and Harriet) got to choose which room we wanted and
most of them were of a reasonable size and had there own en suite bathroom.
Unfortunately, as soon as we were fully booked, us kids had to bunk in together in one room. Well not all of us.
I got to sleep in the Shed in the garden. This shed contained my bed , a T.V. and two massive freezers.
At night , sleep wasn't easy to come by coz those freezers made the most incredible noise, and if I did manage to count enough sheep I'd invariably be woken up in the middle of the night sweating like a bastard (two freezers chuck out a shit load of heat).
One particular night I remember getting up to go piss in the garden but as I walked to the door I felt something squelch between my toes. I turned on the light and saw to my horror a yellow slug stuck to the bottom of my foot. Ew!
But it wasn't all bad. I got to bring back any woman I wanted and my parents didn't mind.
Yeah, like that was ever gonna happen.

1 Comments:

At 6:28 AM, Blogger Bunny said...

No, not child neglect, pretending but no not looking forward to a musical about the windy city, yes slept in a shed , yes sleeping in shed preferable to sleeping in loft.
At least I could have slept in the caravan if the shed burnt down.
No seriously, we had a caravan in the garden too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home