Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Hawkesy and Me (Oh Waitress)

This one's tricky. I have to mention these girls coz they were great fun , but I don't want to appear as a perv( I was about 18-20 at the time). I don't want to be perceived as blowing my own trumpet either. It's not like that.
My Dad and step mum used to employ young girls(between 14 and 16) as waitresses. They were mainly friends of my sister (Philippa. You'll probably hear about her at some stage) and I guess they were employed coz it was cheap labour.
Firstly, there was Jane, who was cute in her own way. She had a crush on me for about a year. Finally , she got up the courage to tell me how she felt. What was my reply? "No, sorry. You're too young but you can set me up with your sister if you want". (Yes, I know). Sorry Jane, I behaved like a total ass.
Secondly, there was Sam from next door. She was short and blond and had a killer smile. She never told me herself, but I heard that she also had a thing for me(I've never been made so many cups of coffee in my life).
Next there was Elli. Now I said that Sam had a Killer smile, but I've seen Elli melt men from 40 yards when I worked with her at Sainsbury's. This girl was stunning, but much much too young.
She sent me a note proclaiming her love. Of course, when I approached her with the bad news that she was too young, she denied it.
Finally, and most importantly there was Kate Eilohart(I think I've spelt that right).
This girl was great and out of all the waitresses we had at the hawkesy was the longest serving.
Stupidly intelligent, ridiculously funny and cute as can be. We had alot of laughs and she was responsible for giving me the only slap in the face I've ever had. I drove her mad one day (I can do that) so she hit me, laughed and ran away.
Now, I know she liked me. The problem was, I liked her too. She was about 17 and I was about 21. She also never told me but again I heard from a reliable source.
So, if any of you ladies have read this. Thanx for the laughs and sorry I was such an arse. Hope you are all well. And Kate, you're great.

2 Comments:

At 5:46 AM, Blogger Bunny said...

Yeah yeah, alright, I'll take that without retaliation. It's a fair assessment from an outsider. The truth is, I've always known when someone likes me. Trouble is, as the years went by, this sort of thing happened less and less. Thank god I don't have to reply on my boyish good looks any more.

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Bunny said...

Ha Ha, I've always been misunderstood. But yes, Super Lisa is lucky. Just not as lucky as me.
I've thanked rich already, but thanx to you too for the flat loaner. Besides, I know it's you who makes all the important decisions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home