Friday, February 25, 2005

Solomons Choice

I've recently been told that I don't have to work until 1 in the morning anymore, so my late night T.V viewing is about to come to an end. Thank God.

However, last night I was watching a rerun of the last instalment of Channel 4's Bollywood Star.
For anyone who is unaware of this comp, there were a 1000 people who entered hoping to be the one picked to star in a Bollywood film directed by Mahesh Bhatt.

Last night, there were 4 left. Some crap but pretty indian woman, a good looking but cocky indian bloke(Ricky) , a very large indian woman called Rupak(apparently she had put on a huge amount of weight since her mother killed herself 3 years ago) and an English girl called Heidi who doesn't speak Hindi.

The pretty Indian girl couldn't act for shit and was a real troublemaker/prima donna so didn't make it to the last 3.
That left Pretty Boy , fat woman(I'm not being nasty. She just was) and white girl.
You could tell that Ricky thought he had it in the bag.
Of course he thought that. I mean, who did he have to beat.

The final task was an individual interview with the Director.
First one in was Heidi. She did alright but how could she win?
Second in was Ricky. He did well and was convinced that Mahesh liked him.
Finally, Rupak went in.
She said that her mother had told her everything would be OK in a dream (and asked her to stop smoking) and cried for the duration of the interview.

So, who won?
Well, all 3 were called in to find out who was gonna be a big Bollywood star.
They sat on a couch facing Mahesh.
Heidi white face on the left, Ricky I'm Great in the middle and Rupak large lady on the right.
It was already quite exciting as I anticipated Mahesh's anouncement.

But then Mahesh did something really quite odd under the circumstances.
He asked for the person who thought they had won to raise their hand!
Initially there was silence as the 3 of them sat there dumstruck.
Finally though, Rupak put her hand up and said "I think I have won, I don't neccesarily mean this competition, I mean I've won by just being here today. Everybody laughed at me and I've proved them wrong just being here. So yes, I've won".

Mahesh thought for a minute (he was probably trying to prevent his lunch projecting from his mouth) leaned forward and grabbed hold of Rupaks hands.
He said "so you think you've won do you Rupak?"
"Yes" she said.
"Well........... You have".

King Solomon couldn't have made a better choice and he certainly couldn't have improved upon Mahesh's method.

Brilliant T.V.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home