Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Super Dario Land

So anyway, it's Half Time in the last game of the Coca Cola Championship season.
My boys are 1-0 down at home to Coventry with ex alex legend Dele Adebola coming back to haunt us.
Things didn't look good. We had to win our last game and hope that Brighton lost to Ipswich or Gillingham didn't beat already relegated Nottingham Forest.
Effectively it wasn't in our hands, but I did think that if we could somehow win, either Forest or Ipswich would do us a favour.
The problem was, we hadn't won since our New Years day defeat of the mighty Leeds. That's 20 games for all you beautiful game dodgers.

I thought we were gone but my Dad had a strange feeling things would change.
Although I trust my Dads opinion when it comes to football (it was his fault that I love football so much and why I follow The Alex) my bookmaker head made us massive favs for the drop.

In the 54th minute our luck began to change when Higdon found the Coventry net from about 10 yards.
Sadly by the 61st min Notts Forest defender Andy Melville had put thru his own net to make it Forest 1 : 1 Gillingham. At this point we were still going down.
In the 72nd minute varney crossed for Steve Jones to tap in from 2 yards.
Fuck me, we're winning!!! and as it stands we're safe.
COME ON FOREST, COME ON IPSWICH (Sorry Andy).

77th min FUCK IT, Gillingham have scored. We're going down.

85th min Bopp scores for Forest. YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

90 mins. We escape the drop by one goal.

My Dad the soothsayer.
Arise Sir Dario.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home