Monday, December 06, 2004

I have met a nice South African

Last Friday I had my first fillings at the dentist. They were cosmetic fillings as my super teeth had somehow managed to stop and partially reverse the decay. The dentist ( who was South African) asked me if I wanted an injection. I didn't know really. Anyway , I declined his generous offer and felt vindicated during the procedure as the pain was hardly unbearable. After it was finished the nice dentist man complemented me on my unflinching handle of the pain. My reply was two fold "I've had worse" and even better "thanks, I feel more of a man now".
I appreciate in hindsight that I might have appeared to be a bit of an arse. If so I apologise for my behaviour. I just felt so pleased that it was over and that there were , at that moment , no adverse effects.
I look forward to part two of my Dentist visits...... The Hygienist.

1 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Blogger Dom said...

Grant - Was it you who signed up to that sundayleague thing? It wasn't Richard or Kath or my one friend who reads it, so it kinda leads to you... Quite funny having 4 people read what I write.

Good plan not having the injection though, makes your face feel massive, very disconcerting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home