Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Dreamin of a white Christmas

My mate Danny Robins (well actually he's a schoolfriend of Richards but we're on first name terms so...) called me at work today to ask me if I'd appear on his radio 1 show on Friday morn.

My task was to give him an idea what the appropriate prices would be for the songs he played, to be Xmas number 1 this year (grammatical crap but no bother).

He played me The Crazy frog, Nizlopi (the JCB song), Cold Play and his own novelty record called Winterval.

I kinda got caught on the hop coz although he called me 30 mins earlier to prepare, a busy afternoon at S.J. meant very little homework.

I just hope I don't sound like the idiot I am although I usually sound like a pre-pubescent boy on the phone so perhaps I would prefer to sound like a twat.

For some reason, I adopted a Fluff Freeman not arf kinda voice for the interview.

I just couldn't help it.

Anyway, the show goes out on Friday Morning from 3:00 a.m. so if you wanna here an ex bookie talkin shop tune in.

Oh, and the bit where Danny asks me "if the crazy frog was a horse where would it finish?" and I answered "Still running", I wanted to say "it will still be running boxing day danny".

What can I say, I froze, it being my radio debut and all.

Please God, don't let Moyles get hold of it.

8 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Blogger Dom said...

Sky +ed

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Dom said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger M.C. Glammer said...

My grandad was a bookie.

Fluff Freeman's Saturday show was a formative part of my youth. "Greetings, music lovers, and welcome ro another 3 hours of the giants on album!" See?

I'm usually stil awake at 3am.

"Still running" was a good ad lib.

Odds of me tuning in? 3/1 on.

 
At 3:40 AM, Blogger Bunny said...

Thanks glammer. I don't feel quite so bad now. 1/3 you will be listening is very short. I might take that bet!

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Dom said...

Ack, I was up 'till 3am and still no Grant, what happened!

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Bunny said...

I knew i was bad but not so bad that they couldn't air it.
My radio debut wasn't deemed good enough. Sad

 
At 6:06 AM, Blogger Bunny said...

It was on at about 3:55 which is why you didn't hear it Dom. I was amazing by the way. I sounded like a bookie with a twist of smashie. I'm gonna be so famous thanks to D.R.

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Dom said...

Bugger, I only recorded 30 minutes of it. Is there some link where I can listen to it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home