Thursday, February 23, 2006

D'Oh

Sometimes, just sometimes, Bookmakers can be really stupid.

Many Bookmakers take bets on who is going to be the next manager of say Liverpool, for example.

To me and my previous employer (Hello to all you Stan James People) this really is not a good idea.

There will always be someone with some inside information who will make a killing on this sort of market.

So when I read that Paddy Power paid out a large amount of money on the "Will Wembley Stadium be ready for the F.A. Cup final" market I laughed a deep and hearty laugh.

Not that funny in the great scheme of things, I grant you.

But when you read that P.P. took many hefty wagers in their North London shops from men in Yellow Hard Hats that the stadium would not be ready in time, you would have to be 6ft under for the old solar plexus not to wiggle a tad.

Thankyou P.P for brightening up my day.

No, thanks for brightening up my week.

Man I love my new job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home